Equip provides a resource-rich environment where DTS leaders and staff are equipped in character, skills and Spirit, so that both DTS students and programs worldwide may benefit and develop according to their individual and corporate callings.
We focus on the core of who we are as disciples first. Identity in Christ, what we believe, who we are as believers and as a mission. This is the core building block for any leader. Topics include…
Week 1: Core Identity – “Roots”
• Being a Disciple; Identity in Christ
• The Language of God
• The Bible and the Fundamentals of Christianity
• Foundations of YWAM and DTS
Week 2: Character
Focusing on how we think, act, reason, and walk as disciples, which determines who we are as leaders and disciplers. Topics include…
• DTS Curriculum
• Implicational thinking and belief systems
• Servant Leadership and Followership
• Spiritual Authority• Integrity, Character, Conduct and Calling
Week 3: Interpersonal & Relational Issues
How do we relate to others? What has made me who I am today, and understanding others? Topics include…
• Communication and Conflict Resolution
• Discipling Difficult Students and Staff
Week 4: Practical Skills – “Nuts & Bolts”
How to get it done. From the classroom to leading people. Topics include…
• Leadership styles
• Small groups, one on ones
• Running a classroom
• Mentoring dynamics and models
Week 5: Outreach Underway
Whatever we do as followers of Christ, it always comes down to this: outreach. This week we do it. Participants construct and accomplish local outreaches, as well as receive training and lectures.
• What is outreach?
• What is evangelism?
• Preparing outreaches
• “Fruitful” Outreach Practices
• Cross-Cultural Communication
• Culture Shock
Outreach constitutes the majority of time spent.
Week 6: Wrapping Up Outreach
This addresses more issues we need to embrace as leaders of others, especially related to missions, local churches, and working with teams. Topics include…
• Debriefing and Re-entry
• Crisis Management
• Working with the Local Church