RENEWED School of Worship takes students deeper into a life of integrity, passion, and Bible studying through worship. We strive to open up students’ eyes to the awesome opportunity we have as believers to worship our Savior “in spirit and truth.” We see in John 4:23 that this is the type of worshiper the Father seeks, but what does it mean? How do we walk this out in our own lives? The School of Worship endeavors to help reveal the answers to these questions as well as to encourage different expressions, gifts of worship, and to know that this is a gift for us to share to those who don’t know Christ.
We endeavor to raise up students in three different areas: Heart, Mind & Hands. We want to give them tools to develop both the physical and the spiritual aspects of worship. This is done through exploring a wide variety of topics regarding worship, our Identity as worshipers, leadership, team dynamics, heart issues, and personal discovery. Biblical foundation for worship in the lives of our students is very important, wanting them to fully understand the history behind it and how that applies to us today.
School of Worship will also facilitate team worship leading, musical skill-development workshops, individual song-writing, arts creativity, reading and discussing 2-3 books related to worship, weekly journals, small groups, intercession, and the study of the Psalms.
Our main goals in this school are to:
- Train, Equip and Develop those who are involved in worship ministry to be the most effective they can be in their area of influence.
- To provide hands-on training to worship leaders, in which we develop the worship leader’s understanding of how to lead a band through skillful musicianship; lead the congregation into worship; and lead by example in integrity and character.
- Help give understanding of what worship is from a biblical point of view.
- Provide a place to go deeper with God; to ignite and fan into flame our Passion for Jesus.
- Help students to live a fully integrated life that reflects Jesus in every way. The person they are on stage or whatever area they are involved in needs to be consistent with the person they are in every day life.
- Create a culture of creativity where students feel free to express their love for God in many different ways. Let’s worship together with what we do! We want to help them discover their creative side and learn to use it for God’s glory.
The School of Worship (SOW) is a five-month course that includes a three-month lecture phase and a two-month outreach (optional). It is a second level school, so it is required to complete a successful DTS prior to this school.